The mission of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry is to support the four purposes as stated in the Mission Statement of The University of Texas School of Dentistry at Houston. The primary purpose of the Department of Pediatric Dentistry is to provide an excellent education of students and residents to meet the contemporary and future healthcare professional’s needs while contributing to the advancement of oral health through discovery and dissemination of new knowledge.
To fulfill our mission, the department:
- Supports high-quality and comprehensive patient care and service.
- Supports professional development of faculty to meet the broad challenges of education, research, and patient care.
- Supports continuous quality improvement and innovation to achieve excellence.
- Takes the lead in oral health education and in community service by addressing the health needs of the children and adolescents in community.
- Strives to be a local, national and world-renowned center that delivers state-of-the-art oral health care and prepares the best-educated healthcare professionals.
- Supports integration and application of new teaching techniques and new technology as high priorities and valued activities.
- Supports integration of research activities and clinical practice in academic setting.