The overall objectives of the Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program are:
- Advanced training in general dentistry practice at the postdoctoral level.
- Clinical experience in comprehensive oral health care to a wide range of patients: the dentally complex and those with medically, physically and mentally compromising conditions, including age and socioeconomic status.
- Extensive clinical and didactic opportunities for interdisciplinary interaction between the resident and other health-care providers.
- Didactic information and clinical guidance in communication, behavioral management and practice management skills and the opportunity to apply them to the practice of dentistry.
- An appropriate environment for critical review and presentation of literature and the pursuit of individual research interest and career goals.