Every resident will take the American Board of Orthodontics Written Examination in April of the final year of residency.
- All residents in each class will pass the ABO Written Exam
- All residents in each graduating class will pass ABO Written Exam Examination and become ABO certified
Every resident will make at least one (or more) oral or poster presentations at national, state or local meetings during their training in addition to a presentation at UT Research Day, e.g.
- Southwestern Society of Orthodontists Meeting
- AADR/IADR Meeting
- AAO Meeting
- ADA Meeting
- TDA Meeting
- GHDS Meeting
Expectations Relevant to Orthodontic Education
The department is committed to training individuals who will teach either full-time or part-time in an academic orthodontic setting.
- At least one of the six residents in each graduating class will teach full-time or part-time in a dental school within one year of completing this program
- The department will train one PhD orthodontist every six years.