Date Available: On or before September 1, 2014
• Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.D.M.)
• Texas licensure from the State Board of Dental Practitioners (SBDP) to practice dental medicine
Working within our Huntsville, Texas location, the General Dentist for Dental Health Management Solutions is a salaried and exempt position encompassing all typical responsibilities of general dentistry, including educating patients on oral healthcare; examining teeth and diagnosing patients' dental conditions by using tools such as bitewing and periapical x-rays and panographic equipment, assessing treatment options and agreeing upon treatment plans with patients; carrying out agreed-upon treatments (such as restoring teeth affected by decay and treating gum disease, performing extractions, etc.), maintaining patients' dental records, managing staff; managing budgets and maintaining stocks of equipment; and keeping abreast of new developments through structured continuing professional development (CPD). In addition, with regards to the Huntsville, Texas location, the General Dentist may also work to market and increase patient volume within this specific location.
• Two years’ general dentistry experience
• Experience with endodontics
• Experience with periodontics
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
As related to the description above, the General Dentist:
• Supervises staff and oversees office manager.
• Works with Business Office Manager (if applicable) to establish staff schedules, allocation of staff, and assures effective patient care.
• Evaluates the current health and condition of their patient’s teeth to determine diagnosis of dental condition, if any.
• Educates patients on the importance of oral healthcare and inform them as to how to prevent dental problems and keep their teeth and mouth as healthy as possible.
• Completes treatment on affected gums, decayed and fractured teeth, and perform tooth removal for cases where there are high levels of decay
• Considers treatment methods and explain options available with the patient in order to determine which works best for him or her based on the individual situation
• Maintains dental files on all patients in accordance with HIPPA standards.
• Monitors and evaluate any x-ray images for any part of the patient’s oral cavity.
• Refers patients to other dental specialist for more advanced procedures and care if necessary.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00 AM until 5:00 PM. Additional office/work days will be added as patient volume increases and office needs to open remainder of business week.
Compensation and Benefits
• Base salary range of $300 per day or 25% of production, whichever is greater, with the opportunity for vesting into partial ownership as the practice grows.
o For the purposes of this paragraph, the term “Production” shall mean amounts Billed by the company to patients of the Practice for services rendered.
• Upon successful completion of initial introductory period, employee will be eligible for company benefits including health, life, disability, dental, 401(k) with company match, paid time off, and other related benefits.
How to Apply: firstname.lastname@example.org