- To coordinate, facilitate, administer and monitor research activities at the UT School of Dentistry.
- To advocate for UTSD in the research enterprise (basic, translational and clinical) within the UT Health Science Center at Houston.
- To facilitate the enhancement of the School of Dentistry's national standing in research.
Goals and Areas of Research
- Inform the community throughout the Texas Medical Center and our alumni about ongoing research at UTSD.
- Increase research funding at UTSD.
- Alert faculty to funding opportunities, sources, and deadlines.
- Maintain an outstanding predoctoral student research program.
- Monitor research activity within UTSD by maintaining a database for grants and contracts.
- Ensure compliance with UT Health Science Center policies on research conflict of interest, human subjects research, use of animals in research, etc.
- Increase involvement of the School of Dentistry in the Center for Clinical and Translational Science.