Twelve UTHealth Houston School of Dentistry alumni are among 30 nominees for 2018 Texas Dentist of the Year™ or Texas New Dentist of the Year. The Texas Academy of General Dentistry will announce the winners Sept. 21 as part of the Lone Star Dental Conference in Austin.
Each year, TAGD selects one dentist to honor as dentist of the year. Nominees are chosen from the Texas Dental Association district dental societies and the Academy of General Dentistry components across Texas. Nominees may be chosen from any specialty and do not have to be members of the AGD.
Graduates of UTHealth Houston School of Dentistry or its General Practice Residency program who are among the 19 total nominees include:
- Stephen Dwyer, DDS ’77, ’81, nominated by Brazos Valley Academy of General Dentistry;
- Duc “Duke” Ho, DDS ’96, Greater Houston Dental Society;
- Christopher Hoffpauir, DDS ’12, Ninth District Dental Society;
- Keith Hudson, DDS ’66, Heart of Texas District Dental Society;
- Dan McCauley, DDS ’77, FAGD, First District Dental Society;
- Partha Mukherji, DDS, GPR ’02, FAGD, Fort Worth Academy of General Dentistry;
- Glenda Owen, MPH ’74, DDS ’81, FAGD, Houston Academy of General Dentistry;
- Wayne Radwanski, DDS ’82, FAGD; Central Texas Academy of General Dentistry
UTHealth Houston alumni among the 11 nominees for Texas New Dentist of the Year include:
- Michelle Aguilos Thompson, DDS, GPR ’14; Greater Houston Dental Society;
- Grant Glauser, DDS ’13, Capital Area Dental Society;
- Summer Ketron, DDS ’11, FAGD, West Texas AGD and South Plains District Dental Society;
- Katie Sowa Stuchlik, DDS ’15, Houston Academy of General Dentistry.
The New Dentist of the Year award started in 2009 to recognize emerging young leaders in the field of dentistry. Nominations are received from the TDA District Dental Societies and the AGD components across Texas. All nominees will receive a plaque and special recognition at the Texas Academy Awards Pre-Party. Nominations and the winner are determined based on dental school involvement, contributions to dentistry, service to the community and a clear vision for the future of dentistry.