All applicants except those applying for the Oral & Maxillofacial Pathology program should complete a Postdoctoral Application Support Service (PASS) application for the Advanced Education Programs. Applications for PASS are available online at: http://www.adea.org
The completed PASS application requires submission of the following:
- Dental school transcripts.
- Three Personal Potential Index Evaluations (PPI) and one Professional Evaluation Form following the guidelines required from each specific program. Please see the PASS Program Search Engine for any additional program requirements concerning evaluations.
- Official Dental National Board Examination I or Integrated Dental National Board Examination scores are required for all programs. (Scores are on file if you are a graduate of the University of Texas School of Dentistry DDS program. Check with the Office of the Registrar).
- Those applying for Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD), General Practice Residency (GPR), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery (OMS), Orthodontics, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics and Prosthodontics must register with the MATCH.
- Applicants who are nationals of countries where English is not the primary language are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
- Please see PASS Program Information Site for any required supplemental documents to apply to a program. Any additional documents requested by the program director need to be sent directly to the specific program.
- International Applicants Only - Official Dental National Board Examination I or Integrated Dental National Board Examination or ADAT minimum score of 440 are required for all programs.
Upon conditional acceptance to the program, the following must be submitted to the Registrar's Office:
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, including dental program. Dental transcripts must show completion of dental degree. (Transcripts are on file if you have attended any UTHealth school. Check with the Office of the Registrar).
- Official Dental National Board Examination I and II or Integrated Dental National Board Examination scores are required for all programs. (Scores are on file if you are a graduate of the University of Texas School of Dentistry DDS program. Check with the Office of the Registrar).
Additional requirements for the Orthodontic program:
- The PASS application requires submission of satisfactory scores obtained on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Upon conditional acceptance, official GRE scores must be sent directly from the Testing Center to the Office of the Registrar. This process may take up to three weeks.
Office of the Registrar
7000 Fannin, Suite 2250 UCT
P.O. Box 20036
Houston, TX 77225-0036