To qualify for screening, a prospective patient must:
- Be at least 7 years of age
- Have good oral hygiene habits
- Routinely receive professional dental care and have had a recent dental check-up
- Be able to accept that appointment times are limited and that they will likely be longer than in private practice and must be scheduled during school hours (no after-school or weekend appointments will be available).
Our patients are selected on the basis of their treatment needs and the educational needs of our residents. Following the screening evaluation, patients will be assigned to one of the following categories:
- Good teaching case
- Interceptive teaching case
- Potentially acceptable teaching case
- Not a good teaching case.