Applications for the on-campus BSDH and Post-Degree Certificate programs will be available online starting April 1 and ending Aug. 31. To be considered for the incoming class, applicants must apply one year prior to the August start date. All transcripts and supporting documents for admission to the Dental Hygiene Program must be sent to UTHealth Office of the Registrar by Aug. 31 of the year preceding expected enrollment.
Applications for the RDH-to-BSDH Degree Completion Program open online Nov. 1 and close June 1 before August entry of the same year.
Applications will be processed upon receipt of the following:
- All official college transcripts
- Shadowing form, with required observation hours (not required for RDH-to-BSDH applicants)
- Successful completion of Texas Success Initiative (TSI) Program
- Three letters of recommendation from 2 professors and 1 employer using the institutional form.
- Print and fill out your portion of the form and give it to the person writing the recommendation. The person completing the recommendation should send the completed recommendation form to the registrar. The official university form must be submitted.
- Health Science Reasoning Test (not required for RDH-to-BSDH applicants)
- TOEFL test scores, if applicable
NOTE:: Dental Hygiene Program prerequisites must be completed or near completion at the time of application submission. All transcripts must be submitted after the completion of each semester. Some courses may or may not transfer to other institutions. Students should contact the transferring institution for details. The deadline for completion of prerequisite course work is May 31 of the year of anticipated enrollment.